Saturday, December 17, 2011

(Awesome) Ideas to make your life easier

To save today's post, I come to you with a link that I stumbled upon few minutes ago, before going to sleep (I am trying to do before 1am today!):

25 ideas to make life easier.

These are really easy, eco-friendly, practical things to do. Just what we need these days! It was a bit hard to choose, but these are my favorite ideas:



1. Store your bedlinen sets inside one of the pillowcases.

Not sure how to fold the mattress cover so neatly= There is a nice illustration for that in the same post.

(Can't wait to go to California and so some serious folding!)







2. Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags.

I had first thought it would be good for the plastic bags that we keep from the supermarket, but to have the nice "tissue" effect of pulling one and having the next one ready, you would need the bags to be linked somehow... Don't know how to solve that, BUT I will definitely use it for the big trashcan bags. The ones that come in a roll are usually cheaper.







3.Use bread tags to label cables.

I am in love with this idea. And to think that I wanted to buy cable organizers! I am glad I didn't.








4. Use a shower cap to pack your shoes.

I usually use plastic bags (that's what my mom taught us), but this is definitely useful for when you forget to bring a spare plastic bag for dirty clothes ;-).
It also looks cuter, and if you are using those bendable flats, you might even use this to carry them in your tote once or twice!




5. Adorable!

I usually keep the rubber bands that they give you in the supermarket when you buy blueberries or takeaway sushi. They always come in handy!















Which are your favorites?

(via Say YES! to Hoboken -- I love that blog. They are having a Crate n Barrel giveaway this weekend, btw. But don't click. I want to have higher chances to win ;-) )

No comments: