Saturday, November 19, 2011

Losers' song

Sorry that I have been so delayed with my posts. I am still feeling pretty tired after coming back from the conference and there is a lot to do before the Thanksgiving break (which I am taking off, of course! yeay!!).

What I have for today is somehow funny. It all comes from this link. It is very well known that Columbia University literally sucks in sports. I have only been to a basketball game and it was pretty shameful. (American) Football is no exception and here are some irrefutable stats: they lost to Cornell for 62 points, 37-0 to Dartmouth, and 44-21 to Albany, among others.

It turns out last weekend at Cornell we were losing again when the music band that is meant to cheer for the team at each game (tough job!!) came up with the following lyrics to the traditional "Roar, Lion, Roar" song:

We always lose lose loseby a lot and sometimes by a littlewe all were winners at the start,but four years has taught us all the value ofjust giving up, cause we really suckwhy are we even trying?we always lose lose losebut we take solace in our booze.


As a result the band is now banned from marching the finale (!). I agree that this is definitely not the best sports spirit, but I still found the lyrics funny and creative.  What do you think?

Picture from source of news.

No comments: