Sunday, November 13, 2011

How do you treat yourself in times of stress?


It's almost midnight and I am in Charlotte, North Carolina at this major conference. I slept 2 hours yesterday and even though I am super tired, I can't sleep. Too many things going on.

How do you treat yourself in times of stress? I exercise regularly (my yoga lessons are sacred), but sometimes I need an extra punch. I recently discovered one that does wonders. I look for sources of laughter. Not just giggles, but real laughter... best if I cry. So if something makes me laugh, I just let myself go into the feeling... it kinda spreads all over the body. Nice feeling to counteract against stress!

The other day watching a couple of episodes of The Daily Show and Colbert Nation did the trick. I LOOOOVE them. But now, in this conference (and also last week) the best has been to be with my good friend, Rouba. We shared office during the PhD for 3 years and we became really close. She's always very funny and positive. I love that we can be so open with each other and laugh at pretty much anything. This is definitely the best way I have found to treat myself. Thank you, habibteh!!

How do you treat yourself?

(image via Rum For Tva)

No comments: