Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kitchen: Chop, flip, chop

I often wish I could use my cutting board on both sides without having to rinse/wash it. You don't want to make your counters super dirty by just flipping the board. Look what I just stumbled upon in The Spoon Sisters:



Such an easy, practical idea. I would add this to my list of good ontwerpen (in short, it's dutch for well engineered design*), and maybe to my wishlist :-). They also have plenty of stuff that serve as excellent ideas for gifts.




* It turns out there are 2 words for design in Dutch: vormgeving and ontwerpen. The former refers to fashionable, but not really needed design; the second one refers to design that has some added value to society because of how well engineered it is. Read this on swissmiss, my new addition to my design n style list of blogs to browse.

No comments: