Thursday, April 26, 2012

Old New York

Did you see the pictures that were recently published from New York from about 100 years ago?

I found them in the website of Corriere della Sera. There are some that are truly beautiful...

Update: My friend Rodrigo just posted this link from The Atlantic in which they have many more pics of the same collection. I particularly those that show when they were constructing the bridges that link Manhattan to Brooklyn and Queens. It still amazes me! I could see them over and over... :)

La vista dal New Jersey, in mezzo il fiume Hudson
Imbiachini a lavoro sul ponte di Brooklyn (Ap, archivio municipale di New York City, Eugene de Salignac)
Il ponte di Manhattan in costruzione: anno 1908 (Ap, archivio municipale di New York City, Eugene de Salignac)

I <3 NYC :)

No comments: