Monday, January 16, 2012

Spruced up wooden utensils

Happy Monday!

We had a very chilly weekend here in NYC (maybe the reason for which I have a very bad cold :( ), so I thought I would try to cheer up with a colorful post.

This one (pics and all) comes from Oh Happy Day, a blog about party planning:

Add a colorful detail to your (already nice) wooden utensils by drilling a hole and adding a ribbon flag. Yes, that's it. Simple and beautiful!




I just love it.  It looks great and it seems easy to do. If only I had an electric drill :-). I feel like this could be used for labeling too. I really don't like it when people use three spoons or forks because they don't know which one is theirs anymore. It's such a waste!

As if I was a continuously throwing parties I follow blogs that post ideas for events. I like crafts; I just don't have the time nor material to try to follow them. I fantasize how I will try to do them more often when I have a family, ha! We'll see. In the mean time they do inspire me to look for my own very small DIY projects, though... That makes me happy :-). I may end up blogging about them too. Have a good week!


No comments: