Friday, October 7, 2011

A.A. - rimbombante + anecdote (in English ;-) )

Mi sobrina aumenta su vocabulario para describir al mundo :)
El vocabulario rimbombante de mi hija: Las moscas no son "picantosas" (picadoras); Mamá qué "brillosante" (brilloso); No me gusta que la camioneta está "desponchida" (descompuesta)....

I thought of writing an English translation of my niece's quotes (just to be fair), but I am really not sure what the equivalent would be in this case. What is happening is that my niece is trying to use fancier words to describe things, creating new ones on the spot. Such a cutie!


But going back to the translation, I am afraid I am not familiar with the kind of mistakes kids make when they are learning English/growing up to draw analogies here... There is one anecdote, though, a bit related to the misuse of words. This is not about a kid, but an actual office mate who had problems with phrasal verbs a couple of years ago (I mean, who doesn't!). The printer was down (as usual) and when my friend found out, she screamed: "AH! The printer is BROKE again!!"

Just thinking of the scene cracks me up ;-).

And... it's Friday!! Relax and forget about your email for at least an hour. If you can. I know I definitely won't :-).




No comments: